[RFI] Help with noise

ab7rw pyasson at pacifier.com
Fri Feb 29 17:00:51 EST 2008

Is the radio a Ten Tec Orion?
Phil

----- Original Message -----
From: "michael morgan" <cmorgan13 at gmail.com>
To: <rfi at contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 1:31 PM
Subject: [RFI] Help with noise

Several days ago I started having some in my opinion severe noise.  It
sounds  just like white noise no pulsing or anything but consistant.  It is
very strong on 40 meters about an S8, 20 Meters about s8, 15 about s7.  It
is on 10 or 30 and barely noticable on 80.  I moved my radio (Icom 756 Pro
II) from the power supply to a 12V battery and the noise is still there.  If
I flipp of the breaker to the shack the noise diminishes greatly.  I tried
turning off the breakers to the rest of the house except for the shack and
it's still there.  I unplugged everything in the shack and the noise is
there.  At this point I do not know what to try.  On the display of Pro it
makes almost a straight line across the display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73's

Thanks

Michael, AA5SH