[RFI] RF quiet wired routers

Gene - N0DQS gmitch at iowatelecom.net
Tue Jan 1 13:04:26 EST 2008

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 00:06:44 -0600, Gene - N0DQS wrote:

>I replaced that cable and lost the birdies.

>VERY interesting. I'd guess that the cable was >miswired on both
>ends, with the transmission circuits improperly >split between
>twisted pairs of the CAT5. Such a cable would >pass a simple
>continuity test, but would not perform well >with data.

>Nonetheless, the common mode mechanism I >cited in the earlier post
>is a VERY common one.

>73,

>Jim K9YC

Other Cables worked fine. Switched all cables to different ports and the
offending cable continued no matter which port it was on and it transferred
data just fine. I hooked it up a couple of days ago( didn't throw it away)
to service a computer I brought home from the office and my birdies came
back.

gene
N0DQS