[RFI] Wired vs Wireless Routers for RFI

Phil Duff & Ann Duff na4m at arrl.net
Wed Jan 9 20:25:52 EST 2008

Betcha a lot of these birdies are from switching type wall warts
powering the routers.

Build a little sniffer from a couple small loops of wire on the end of a
short piece of small coax. Plug one end into the radios antenna input
and put the loop end close to the wall warts and check for noise.
Radio Shack (eek!) sells (or used to sell?)  plug in wall "AC Adapters"
(12vdc @ 1a & not switchers I think) that might be worth trying to
replace noisy wall wart switchers.

I use a LinkSys WRT54GS wireless router that doesn't seem to bother me
with any noticeable birdies with it's factory supplied wall wart.   YMMV!

73 Phil NA4M

--
Phil Duff NA4M & Ann Duff