[RFI] TV RFI

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:59:51 EST 2008

I would start by trying another TV in the house.  I'll bet the problem
only occurs on one TV.  That is certainly true at my house.  I have 3
TVs in my house.  Two of them have NO TVI problems whatsoever even
when running 1 KW.  The 3rd TV experiences TVI when running as little
as 50W on 80m.  Nothing has been able to eliminate it on that TV.  I
have half a dozen toroids on the inputs and they knocked it down some,
but not completely.  If, on the other hand, you find TVI on multiple
TVs then I would suspect a poorly designed antenna system which is
allowing RF into the house.