[RFI] TV RFI

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Thu Jan 31 11:07:00 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:06:12PM +0000, Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
> Just one thing: to avoid disturbing the setup that you're trying to
> investigate, don't forget to include a terminating resistor for the
> secondary winding. (I can't see whether Kirk is using one or not, so
> this is intended as a general comment.)

I was not using a terminating resistor, as I was not aware of the need
for it. Thanks for another valuable piece of information Ian. It was
you who initially gave me the idea to use a sniffer in the first place,
probably right here on this list. Nothing like hams helping hams to hear
better. Thanks to all of you for the tips, papers, and suggestions over
the years. I've learned an awful lot from you.

73

-Kirk  K4RO