[RFI] IBM Plans Broadband Over Power Lines For Rural America

digital-conjurers at roadrunner.com digital-conjurers at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 13 00:13:03 EST 2008

....and I love the last paragraph:

"....used by ham radio operators and others."

Uh, you mean, like, the military and other government agencies, some of
them mission and life-critical?  Gee, he forgot to mention those...

Reminds me of a recent article in the Wall Street Journal discussing Radio
Free Asia's shortwave service; the author seemed astounded that you could
"cover an entire continent with one transmitter," and marvelled that "the
technology was invented in the 1920's..."

Now, I know the WSJ is written at an eighth-grade level for clarity, but...

<sigh>

-Lin/KJ6EF