[RFI] Mix 77 Snap-on

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Oct 5 09:39:33 EDT 2008

>You may get away with using 31 MIX as it seems to cover freq ranges

The latest Fair-Rite catalog now lists #31 as the material of choice for
suppression at HF. I concur. #43 is slightly better above 10 MHz. #77 is a poor
choice compared to #31.

>BTW, I had nothing but trouble ordering from Lodestone and 1 shipment of 100
>2.4" 31 Mix donuts was shattered when one of the deliveries guys dropped the
>box which was not packed properly

>If you do a group order, be sure to tell the vender that 31 mix is VERY Brittle
>and will shatter if box is dropped and nor packed with some cushening !!!
>( They destroyed almost half of the 2.4 inch 31 mix donuts ! )

Thanks for the input on Lodestone. I have no direct experience with them. I hope
that you complained loudly to them about this matter.

I STRONGLY recommend that you buy ONLY in full box quantities that nave been
packed by Fair-Rite. I've never seen a major problem with their packing. To
support my research work, Fair-Rite shipped me a LOT of their products in small
quantities. Only two or three of them broke (out of several hundred).

73,

Jim Brown K9YC