[RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 11 14:44:22 PDT 2009

Like Jim I have also had some noticeable success with small plug-in power
filter cubes for noisy 'junk' around the house. The ones I use are by Belkin
called and 'Surge Master' available at Home Depot here in Canada. At the
time I bought them they were the only filters with a RFI rating on the
package. Also when I bought mine there were two models (1 & 6 circuit cubes)
with the RFI rated about 40 db at 100 Mhz. To be honest I have not seen
these little cubes in the hardware section as of late, nor have I been
looking, so I'm not sure if they are still carried by stores up in this neck
of the woods.

To be clear, the filter/surge protectors I am talking about are CUBES and
not power bars. Do check the store packaging as there are different ratings
with each model of filter.

73 Eric - VE3GSI