[RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Apr 12 09:24:20 PDT 2009

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:31:02 -0400, Eric - VE3GSI wrote:

>I only suggest the little Belkin cube as a line filter, if only for
>convenience. NOT for the surge protection!!!! The little one I have, model
>F5C594 has been replaced here:

Eric,

No one is throwing rocks at YOU, but at MOVs. They are VERY dangerous, for
several reasons, all of which are documented on my website. Yes, they are
widely used. Lots of people smoke tobacco, but that doesn't mean it's good
for you. Lots of equipment is built with pin 1 problems, which cause hum,
buzz, and RFI. That doesn't make it right. And I'm not going to write five
paragraphs here to repeat what I've already put on my website as a free
download.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC