[RFI] 2nd harmonic help

Ken Eigsti diverken at chaffee.net
Wed Feb 4 09:36:59 EST 2009

RE: Follow up on 2nd harmonic.

Thanks to all the guys who replied.

The antennas are in place so they cannot be moved. The 40 is a C39 XRN
(Force 12 40-10 yagi) at 90 feet. It is approximately 100 feet from the
STEPPIR (3 element at 50 feet) that is connected to the 2nd radio. All fed
with LMR 400.

The consensus seems to be that the 2nd H. will not be eliminated but that
"heavy" filtering might make it usable. That is the approach I am going to
take with a filter plus chokes on the coax  and other lines.

Now, while transmitting on 40 and the 2nd radio's antenna disconnected,
there is still a spike on the band scope. This obviously means that the
separation of the antennas is not all the problem as the problem exists with
no ant. connected. I will work on some of the in shack filtering and see if
it can be minimized.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

73
CU in the RTTY WPX