[RFI] CFLs and UV

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Feb 24 16:52:57 EST 2009

Bruce/Edith Goldstein wrote:
> The dangerous UV rays (short wave UV) do not pass through glass.  Long wave UV is not harmful.
>
> Check out some of the advertisements for short wave UV lights used by rockhounds.  The ads will talk
> about the special materials used in the flilters since glass will not work.
>
> That is why the darkening eyeglass lenses do not work inside a car.

That's strange. The old "Photo gray" (TM) lenses have always darkened in
cars.  The newer "Transitions" (TM) do not.  I wear Photogray bifocals
and they darken in or out of the car. I purchased Transitions (TM) but
they did not change at all, to I took them back.

But what does this thread have to do with RFI?

73

Roger (K8RI)