[RFI] A RF Quiet Electric Fencer needed

Missouri Guy n0tt1 at juno.com
Mon Jan 5 17:50:16 EST 2009

> Thus the solution is to either modify the charger to add wave
> shaping, or filter the HF and MF components of the signal before it
> gets to the fence wire. I have used a series tuned LC circuit at the
> output of a charger (tuned for 160)with success.  A LP filter
> arrangement should also work.

So, the series tuned LC circuit was connected to ground, right?

I just wonder if a couple of passes thru a 73-mix binocular core
would work if connected in series between the fence wire and
charger, assuming that there is no arcing to ground somewhere.  I would
think the resistance/reactance of that would at least "soften" the
leading edge of the HV square wave.   Any thoughts on that?
Anybody tried it?

Charlie, N0TT