[RFI] Hum in Bose QC2 headphones

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jan 14 00:54:11 EST 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:29:28 -0500, Gary Smith wrote:

> Turning
>off the AStron Linear supply to the K3 & bench does nothing to
>attenuate the hum. Turning off the Titan 425 did nothing.

You may have a magnetic field problem due to wiring errors in your
AC power distro. There must be ONE, BUT ONLY ONE, bond between
neutral and ground in any power system, and that bond must be at the
building service entrance. You're only permitted another bond if
there's another SYSTEM -- that is, a local distro transformer or UPS
with a transformer output. That SYSTEM would need an additional
bond.

Study the material on my webpage about power systems and the power
point on Ham Interfacing to get some ideas about finding what sounds
like a magnetic field problem.

73,

Jim K9YC