[RFI] RFI Susceptibility of DTV?

Andy ingraham.ma.ultranet at rcn.com
Fri Jan 23 10:08:27 EST 2009

> Given the reduced power of ATSC, ...

Is the reduced power permanent?  Or is this just during the interim period
when both ATSC and NTSC are in use?  (I thought the temporary DTV
assignments were at lower power.)

The lower VHF channels are MOSTLY going away / being reassigned to other
services, except in some areas.

I read that huge areas of rural residents will find themselves without any
TV after the transition.  Currently they live with watchable snowy pictures.
With DTV they are out of luck.

I don't think people won't be able to pin the blame on hams.  If their
reception goes out every evening when you fire up your rig, and at the same
time your voice or CW comes through on their stereo, then they will connect
the dots.

Andy