[RFI] Fairrite at Dayon?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue May 5 09:43:38 PDT 2009

On Tue, 05 May 2009 18:05:30 +0200, Henk Remijn PA5KT wrote:

>Does anybody know if there is company selling Fairrite products at Dayton?

There will almost certainly be Fair-Rite products for sale, but most will be
at exhorbitant prices. Jay at Array Solutions has recently begun stocking
some Fair-Rite cores to use in his choke and balun products, and says he
will sell the cores at retail. I've urged him to offer discounts for
quantity.

If you are coming to Dayton, I suggest that you place a Fair-Rite order with
one of their industrial distributors that you can have delivered to a US ham
who will pass them along to you in Dayton.  I've had very good results from
Krieger Components (in Virginia). See the Fair-Rite website for list of
distributors. See Appendix One of my tutorial for a list of specific part
numbers that are most useful for hams and a worksheet suggesting how many
you should purchase based on your activity.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73,

Jim Brown K9YC