[RFI] Fairrite at Dayon?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue May 5 16:08:44 PDT 2009

On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:28:40 -0500, kd4e wrote:

>This was just posted to QTH - are these among those you'd
>recommend
>and if so is the price reasonable?

----------------
>1.53" OD, 0.77" ID and 0.5" thick cores that have a mu of
>2700, 4700mH
>per 1k turns. Lots of uses including EMI/RFI reduction,
>lightning current
>reduction etc. Great Price of 20 for $10 +shipping

Hi Doc,

The info is far to limited to tell you much. At a minimum, the seller
should tell you the mfr, the material (mix), and the part number so
that you can tie them to a data sheet. If you can't do that, you've
got to measure them to figure out what they're good for and how to
use them. I would not buy them at that price. If they were 100 for
that price, it might be worth the time it takes to measure them.

73,

Jim K9YC