[RFI] HVAC Variable Speed Motors

Missouri Guy n0tt1 at juno.com
Sun Apr 11 09:08:30 PDT 2010

> Of course now the natural question is the following:
> I am going to be in the market for a new heat pump this Summer. Does
> anyone
> out there have a make/model number of a heat pump that does not use
> PWM
> circuitry?
> 73 Hardy N7RT

FWIW, we have a ground-source heat pump system that
DOES use a variable speed fan motor.  NO RFI that I've
heard on 160m.  The make is Climate Master, Tranquiltity-20,
model TSV042AGC01ARKS.

The installer understood that I would not accept the unit
if it produced RFI.  He might have checked with the
Oklahoma City factory about that...I don't know.  Anyway,
I've been totally happy with it.

One might make the RFI stipulation part of the contract
when purchasing a new heating/cooling system.

73,
Charlie, N0TT