[RFI] Bad QRN on HF

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 19:04:25 PDT 2010

Street light or similar?  I have a similar problem and Mike Martin
suggested that it may be a street light.  I have yet to find a street
light that appears to be malfunctioning in the direction of my noise,
but there is some very strong noise being radiated from the wire that
appears to carry power from an overhead powerline underground.  The
pole sits between my neighborhood (which has overhead lines) and the
next door neighborhood which has buried powerlines.  Mine starts about
6pm (before dark) and sputters and pops intermittently until it is
pretty much constant by 9 or 10 pm.  The noise is always gone by 8am.