[RFI] DSL RFI Problem Solved

Bill Gillenwater gillie at pa.net
Fri Aug 20 08:33:07 PDT 2010

Here is what I did to eliminate the 80 meter RFI problem with my DSL modem. Thanks to Rick, N6PE for the help. His recommendation solved my problem. I can run high power and no issue with DSL lock-ups.

"Take an RG-8 type snap-on F, strip the outer covering off a 10 to 15 foot phone chord. I left about 6 inches on each connector end. You should find a red and green wire, careful some modems use R/G some B/Y. If your cord has 4 wires, cut out the unused B/Y. Then you can get about 40 turns on the core. I can run a full KW without knocking off the modem now."

Thanks again to Rick, N6PE.

73 Bill K3SV