[RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

Diane and Edward Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Thu Dec 2 06:51:13 PST 2010

Hi Guys,

How have you found CFLs to behave in outdoor applications...?

Here in The Great White North it's not uncommon to have sub-zero (Fahrenheit
scale) temperatures in the long, cold winter months. I have porch lamps &
driveway lamps whose only protection from the elements are decorative glass
enclosures.

Will these things fire-up when the thermometer dips, or will we be left
here---literally--in the cold & dark...?

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ