[RFI] Tripp-Lite UPS Out-gassing?

doc at kd4e.com doc at kd4e.com
Sat Dec 4 18:20:28 PST 2010

This goes a little more to biological-interference than
to radio frequency interference but I didn't know where
else to ask this.

I recently bought a new Tripp-Lite "Internet Office UPS".
Model: Internet550SER

(Yes, I do intend to evaluate it closely for RFI and report
to the list ... but right now another concern presses.)

It has a really strong "plastic" odor that makes me a little
nauseous.  Has anyone experienced this?  Is it normal and will
it wear-off or does it indicate a potential problem in the
device?

I don't have any allergies to anything like this of which I
am aware, so this has my attention.

WDYT?

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E