[RFI] Another Direct TV RFI Question

AE5B ae5b at arrl.net
Tue Dec 14 11:08:37 PST 2010

I have an old RCA Direct TV that dates way back to the days when you could go to
Wally World, purchase a box, nail the dish to the wall, and with a phone call to
the provider, you were in business. Run a kW on 160-6 in the same room along
with a hefty amount of power on 144/432. 220 is only 30 watts. Never bother the
TV at all but the antique RCA DTV box puts out some big time birdies on 2
meters. The only way I can work WSJT is to unplug the box.Turning it off has no
effect.  I would like to replace the old box and go to HDTV. How about the
current DTV HD receivers? Do they come equipped with a flock of birdies. If so,
I will stick with what I have. It ain't broke yet so I so not need to buy
trouble. I am not interested in the DVR model. only the HD model.

Thanks,
John
AE5B