[RFI] "Inverter Technology" microwave ovens

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at arrl.net
Thu Dec 16 21:40:25 PST 2010

I need to buy a new microwave oven.  I see many of the new ones
advertise "inverter technology."  From an RFI standpoint, I am
leery of anything that says "inverter."  Does anyone have any
experience with these things as far as RFI goes? The particular
one that I am considering buying is a Panasonic 778.

I think what this feature does is , when you heat something at
50% power, the magnetron runs at 50% power for 100% of the
cooking time.  The ones without this feature run at 100% power
for 50% of the time.  Supposedly the cooking is more even in the
inverter ones.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.