[RFI] Advice for LCD cmptr RFI

Dirk Hacker dirk.hacker at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 13:49:34 PST 2010

Hello all,

I have RFI from my LCD computer display that I can't seem to eliminate.

The LCD generates RFI noise at 60Khz-75-Khz intervals at higher freq's  (10m
band of 28-30KHz.)

I have put "clamp-on -type" ferrites on the LCD cable (one on each end), however
they don't supress the RFI

what other things should I try specifically to supress RFI in 28-30MHz ?
(might I just have the wrong type mat'l in the ferrites to supress higher freq's
?)

-  I have a CE compliant LCD  (display itself is quiet)
-  The noise goes away if I unplug the video cable
-  Using 12foot long cable to the LCD  (6ft on LCD & 6ft extension cable; LCD
cable has small ferrite molded on it)
-  computer has 512MB PCI video card that can drive 2 displays (PNY company)
-  Changing the refresh rate of the LCD (in display properties) does not
eliminate thew RFI)
-  noise is not generated by the P.S.  ;  I installed a AC-line fitler to keep
the PS quiet (corcom 6ef1f)

Thanks for your thoughts and comments about this.

Dirk H
KE7WVZ - Phoenix, AZ