[RFI] 12 meter QRM - please help identify

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro.tcg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 10:38:01 PST 2010

I have a new source of QRM that is audible on 12 meters only. It
appears to cover  24 to 25MHZ. The audio frequency of the signal
changes as I go lower in frequency. Both of the following recordings
were made with a 6kHz filter in AM mode.

At 24.890MHz it sounds like this:
http://www.k4ro.net/k4ro/audio/QRN_FEB12_10_12M.mp3

At 24.820MHz it sounds like this:
http://www.k4ro.net/k4ro/audio/QRN_FEB12_10_12Mb.mp3

The signal has QSB and, my ham neighbor and I both locate it as coming
from due west. Is anybody else hearing this signal? Any ideas as to
what the source might be? Thanks for any ideas.

73 Kirk K4RO