[RFI] Whirlpool 465 Oven Door Latch Solenoid RFI

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 15:12:57 PST 2010

Hi all,

Strong RF from a low dipole is triggering the door latch solenoid on a Whirlpool 465 gas oven.  I installed an ac line filter but that didn't change anything.  I have a training manual that shows the wiring for the solenoid and the next step will likely be adding ferrite corres to the controller followed by adding an on-off switch to the solenoid since it's only activated during the self-cleaning cycle. However, if anybody has cured a similar problem, I would be interested in hearing how you did it.

73, Ward N0AX