[RFI] Whirlpool 465 Oven Door Latch Solenoid RFI

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jan 11 09:22:58 PST 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:36:03 -0600, Ward Silver wrote:

>So I am pretty sure the RF is
>getting into the controller by multiple paths, not just the relay driver.

That's a good approach. The point I'm making is that "the pin 1 problem."
power supply coupling, and magnetic and electromagnetic coupling to wiring
can add input ports that aren't shown on the schematic. :)  And while
we're talking "pin 1," consider a "pin 1 -like" problem with the green
wire from the AC line, which SHOULD be going FIRST to the chassis of the
machine, not to the circuit board(s) that then goes to the chassis.

73,

Jim K9YC