[RFI] Power Line RFI in Corn Country

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Jan 16 08:29:38 PST 2010

It's great that you were able to get the power company out that quick. I'm
jealous.

If things don't get resolved, get the radio station involved. They have an
interest in people being able to hear their station, and may have more
influence, both with the FCC if needed, and as a commercial customer of the
power company.

I can generally do noise location down to a particular pole using a 6 el
432 MHz yagi and a receiver with an AM detector.  My Icom IC-R10 and Yaesu
VX-2 both work well.

73   -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 1/16/2010 11:18:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,