[RFI] Does a power pole generating RFI always generateultrasonics?

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Tue Jun 8 13:05:07 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 14:50, Roger (K8RI) <k8ri at rogerhalstead.com> wrote:

> On 6/8/2010 9:19 AM, Martin Ewing wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-voltage_direct_current

> It looks like it has a lot of advantages, particularly on long haul,
> buried, or undersea runs.

So I see.

I read a lot of that entry and followed some of the links.  One took
me to Siemens, who will happily engineer a system for you, and they
point out that the right-of-way needed for an HVDC system is much less
than that for a like-sized AC system.  I'm sure that makes power
distribution company's ears perk up more than electrical efficiency
(or lack there of).

But I'm still sure that Tesla is rolling his eyes.  :-)