[RFI] Handheld Rx for Topband

G8EWT g8ewt at diacon.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 05:30:13 PST 2010

Apologies but not exactly rfi but similar.

Like practically everyone else I'm waging a constant war against the QRM
found in modern day residential areas. I've often thought that it would be
much easier to track down the QRM sources if I had a portable receiver but
I've been unable to find one here in the UK that covers top band. Quite
often I've found that devices emit modest QRM in the AM broadcast bands but
that the levels rise strongly above 1.7Mhz and in these cases a normal
broadcast portable isn't a great deal of help.

Can anyone give me the model number of a reasonably priced radio that covers
2MHz that's available in Europe? Alternately I will be visiting the US in
April and could arrange for delivery to my hosts there.

Thanks for your help.

73

Graham G8EWT