[RFI] Linksys Router Birdies

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 12 10:42:39 PST 2010

Isn't cat 6 double shielded?
Gary...wa6fgi

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tim Long
  To: rfi at contesting.com
  Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 10:00 AM
  Subject: Re: [RFI] Linksys Router Birdies

  Hello All,

  For the computers that are physically close to the router, I run cat 5
  inside the braid of old RG8 that I stripped.  These are no longer than 6
  feet.  I have a pigtail at each end that I tie to each computer
  chassis.  I tie the pigtails together at the router.  For computers that
  are not physically close, I use wireless G.  I also use reclaimed braid
  from old coax to shield the cat 5 jumpers from the cable modem and
  to/from the phone modem.  No problems at all.

  73, Tim, W2UI