[RFI] AM Broadcast petition

kd4e doc at kd4e.com
Wed May 5 12:42:00 PDT 2010

Whatever happened to digital AM-BC?

Would that not overcome the problem?

I am guessing the cost and the competition with
converting TV derailed that but perhaps now is
the time.

I don't know if a digital AM-BC converter is a
practical option as a majority of listeners likely
use automobile receivers or portable receivers vs
most TV's being fixed-location.

This would mean another multi-year phase-out to
give people time to replace their AM receivers.

As you say, our suppressed-economy makes such a
program financially improbable.

--

.Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
.Have an http://ultrafidian.com day!
.
.         |_|___|_|
.         | | & | |
.Free OS : http://www.PuppyLinux.com
.Google Street View logs WiFi networks & Mac addresses
.Use http://Startpage.com instead - they respect privacy