[RFI] MFJ-852 issues

Jim Spears n1nk at cox.net
Mon May 31 11:52:22 PDT 2010

I have a power line noise issue that is very obvious at HF and 6m.  some
time ago, I purchased a MFJ-852, the version with a 3 el yagi.  I don't
think it was ever turned on until just a little while ago.

The LED comes on but there is no meter indication or audio present.   This
is a 135 MHz AM receiver without squelch so I think I should hear something.

Suggestions?  Unless there is some thing I can investigate, I guess it goes
to MFJ in a few days for service.

Bummer, really nice day here in RI.  Good day for chasing power line
problems.

Jim/N1NK