[RFI] Apperent Power Line Noise

John Pelham john at radiophile.com
Mon Nov 1 06:59:21 PDT 2010

>> most people seem to say that Power Line noise gets worse with lower
frequency

Well, that's certainly not been my experience. I almost never hear power
line noise on any band below 15 meters. 15, 10 and 6 meters have been the
primary bands affected by the many sources of power line noise I've been
involved in fixing over the last 10+ years here in my Suwanee, GA power-line
hell.

I don't even yet know if such a frequency distribution means a particular
type of source. In my experience generally, the higher the frequency on
which the noise is strong, the closer it is. I'd guess yours is within a
mile or so, maybe.

73,
John, W1JA