[RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

doc at kd4e.com doc at kd4e.com
Tue Nov 30 08:41:56 PST 2010

I have tried a variety of CFL's and LED's and can report the
same mixed-bag as others, some are clean and some are not.  It
seems to be the control circuitry and not the light-producing
part of the CFL/LED.  Some have also been clean at first then
noisy if outside in the rain and sun or subjected to a hit or
other vibration.

BTW:  *I* didn't say Gore lied, Gore just admitted that he
lied.  He said he lied to get votes in Iowa and elsewhere for
his failed presidential campaign.

He was trying to fend-off criticism from environmentalists who
were beating him up for promoting grain-alcohol as fuel and it
seems he didn't expect his confession to go viral.

Inconvenient truths keep biting Gore ...

Meanwhile, the lesson here is to shine light and to allow
everyone into the decision-making process rather than so
many decisions made in the dark by easily corrupted
politicians and bureaucrats.

BTW2: In case the story is as well suppressed as many others,
the FCC is about to abuse their power via  bureaucratic sleight-
of-hand to unconstitutionally seize China-like control of the
Internet in the USA.

RFI-noisy and disposal-challenged CFL's may soon be the least
of our problems.  Freedom of speech and commerce on the Internet
may become expensive and risky ... unless one can pay-off
someone to get an exemption, as is happening with the
Obamacare nightmare.

Unpleasant and inconvenient times ...

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E