[RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

John DeGood john at degood.org
Tue Nov 30 20:43:00 PST 2010

On 11/30/2010 1:12 PM, Hardy Landskov wrote:

> Boy, I am glad I am not the only one with this short life problem. I buy
> CFL's at Home Depot and 3 months later they go back but it is getting to be
> a royal pain to keep track of receipts & dates.
> So back to incandescents.......

I've installed a variety of brands of CFLs throughout our home over the
8 years we've lived at this QTH, and in those 8 years we've had 20 CFLs
fail.  Of those, 19 were "Commercial Electric" (the Home Depot house
brand) and 1 was Sylvania.  The other CFL brands I've purchased -- I
just checked a few sockets and found "GE", "LUMEN", and "Lights of
America", and I'm sure there are other brands scattered about, too --
have been very reliable.

I use an indoor (attic) antenna for HF and have experienced no RFI from
any of the CFL brands I've tried.

73, John NU3E