[RFI] Solar Panels

doc at kd4e.com doc at kd4e.com
Fri Aug 19 15:43:07 PDT 2011

Thanks Steve!

Yeah, as a matter of form I should have written that,
but someone else did - and you have affirmed it.

Depending upon the distance from the panels to the storage
one may choose to locate the inverter at the panels (if a
long distance to the batteries) while if close the inverter
would be near the batteries.  (Panel voltage, single or summed,
would play a role in that voltage-drop associated inverter-
placement decision.)

If the problem-case here involves a Harbor Freight system
then they will want to change-out the charge-controller/
inverter anyhow.

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E
David Colburn http://kd4e.com