[RFI] TV turns on-off when TX

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 31 12:51:07 PST 2011

Thanks for the few responses I have received already.

I repeat as stated in my original post....I have isolated ALL connections going to the TV.....there is NOTHING connected to the TV except the power.
I understand the common mode problem, and have much experience using torroids for RFI ingress. I am well supplied with various Type 31 material snap-ons and large torroids.
This "seems" like a unique situation were ingress is not via external connection, but I will try a brute force filter in case ingress is via differential mode on the power line....tnx Dave.

BTW...This is a new problem, and I have no problem with any TVs in my house...it is just my neighbors which is a very late model (only one month old) unit.

A bit more info on the station:

My antenna is perfectly resonant homebrew 2 el. Yagi at 100'.
There are 2 very robust choke baluns in series at the feedpoint, (one
solenoid and another material 31 torroid).
The antenna is matched at the feedpoint to accommodate the narrow bandwidth
of the Yagi.
http://www.qsl.net/ve6wz/intro.htm

Steve ve6wz.