[RFI] TV turns on-off when TX (VE6WZ_Steve)

Steve Sacco NN4X nn4x at embarqmail.com
Sat Dec 31 13:27:09 PST 2011

Steve -

I had the exact same issue with my (now deceased) Samsung 24" LCD
computer monitor.

What fixed it was running the AC power cable 6 turns around a "Big Clamp
On" ferrite.  See Jim K9YC's doc @
http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf.

Prior the hauling out the Big Clamp On, I'd tried two smaller clamp on
ferrites, with no measurable effect.

I also use a Big Clamp On ferrite on a touch-lamp that my wife uses; it
turns on and off in sync with my transmitting on various bands unless
the power cord is choked down.

Thanks again to Jim for sharing his generous research!

73/HNY to all,

Steve
NN4X