[RFI] U-Verse problem update

Joe wa6rkn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:18:39 PST 2011

What bothers me about this is that U-verse in not conducted by copper
cabling..it is all optical fibre...how is an RF signal getting in and being
carried by fibre?

My next door neighbor has U-verse and is not affected by anything I do..his
Dish and cable (Charter) was...I could not use 6 meters with the amplifier
in the evening...which was no biggie, as he was at work during the day.  My
75 meter work was getting into his telephone and his fax machine...and THAT
was a big worry.  But..after U-verse came in and put in the full optical
cable right up to his modem...all problems went away, no matter what power I
run or where.  (Legal limit on down)

My neighbor behind me is always complaining how the CD'ers re tearing him
up...I don't have the heart to accept the blame...the Astroplane antenna'ed
CB'er in the next block is the culprit there.  HAR HAR!

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN
Reno, Nevada