[RFI] U-Verse problem update

Martin Ewing martin.s.ewing at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 07:22:22 PST 2011

Don,

If you've really been using RG-59, that might explain the problem.  The
standard now seems to be RG-6 "triple" or "quad" shielded.  Older, cheaper
coax is much less well shielded and permits both ingress and "outgress" of
signals.  (Old connectors are weak points, too.) There's no reason Cat-5/6
ought to be better than well shielded coax*.  Of course if it works for you,
that's great.

73 Martin AA6E

* That's if the equipment is well designed and handles common mode currents
(carried on the outside of the coax) correctly.