[RFI] Cell Phone Charger Duracell made in China

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jan 4 11:03:28 PST 2011

On 1/4/2011 8:46 AM, Dale Svetanoff wrote:
> If ther unit is that "dirty", I have to wonder if this is one of those
> instances in which parts (used for EMI control) are being omitted from the
> production version of the item.

One of the most problematic elements of chargers like this is that the
connector that connects to the cell phone is non-standard and the
charging voltage and current are unknown. This makes it a bit of a
challenge to home brew something to replace it.

I'm seeing an increasing number of chargers and/or power supplies like
this, shipped with everything from cell phones to UHF/VHF mast-mounted
preamps!  Have not yet tested them for RF trash, but it's on my to do list.

73, Jim K9YC