[RFI] Battery Maintainers & RFI

doc at kd4e.com doc at kd4e.com
Fri Jan 14 20:39:43 PST 2011

Did you consider this text as of interest or is your battery not
exposed to those sorts of temperature extremes?

"ATTENTION: Never use a charger without temperature compensation if your
battery compartment is above 50°C / 125°F. Please consider the
temperature compensated BatteryMINDer 12248 if your battery is subject
to extreme conditions. See the section on the Effects of Temperature on
Batteries in our learning center for additional information and safety
guidelines"

I have been removing the Anderson PP's from everything here. I have
found them to be unreliable and lossy and they are not a weather-
resistant design. (It says so on their site.)

 From what I've read the results are all over the map but the marketing
to ARES and others has been effective, so they have become a de-facto
standard, at least in theory.  (I keep a few adapters on-hand in the
rare case that I may have to interface my self-contained gear with
someone elses Anderson PP-dependent gear.)

YMMV ...  :-)

Thanks! & 73, doc KD4E

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E