[RFI] LED Floodlight warning!!

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Mon Jan 24 05:39:52 PST 2011

On Jan 23, 2011, at 11:58 PM, Steve Kurtzman wrote:

> Not to mention that these do not appear to be UL/CSA listed.  As far as
> I know it is illegal to sell these in Canada.

And there is your avenue of attack. If people are buying illegal lamps on Ebay, or selling them at Lowe's or Home depot, the answer is kind of obvious.

For Ebay, you approach it like we do with CB radio liners, and If I see any such thing at the local home store, I'm going to point it out to the manager, then ask for their lawyer's letter regarding liability. Mentioning the "L" word can work magic.

And ahem..... people who are buying these might want to check their homeowner's policy and ask their insurance agent if they cover non-listed items. I wouldn't buy nor use one of these things, and unless we're afraid of our "pot growing neighbors", seems like a good approach to use on them. They are not only not allowed to interfere, they are likely voiding their homeowners insurance by continued use.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -