[RFI] desklight RFI---FYI

Warrenwolff warrenwolff at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 15:05:18 PST 2011

Not only that.  Be prepared for a BIG surprise with
floor model, similar to the one my wife uses for her
quilting area.  Great illumination; however, structurally
a piece of crap.  Had to splint the two "sliding sections"
with 3 steel rods and duct tape to keep it from falling
apart.  Also, removal and insertion of the short lived
bulbs is a pain.  The on/off switch is of the cheapest
variety.  You get all of this for about $150.00.

Warren; W7WY

Myles,

Yes, those are very nice lamps, although I do not presently have any in my

house.  (If I am not mistaken, Ottlights are those used by the appraisers

on "Antiques Roadshow".  They have excellent color balance and uniformity

of illumination.)  A few questions:

1.  Since it is a desk light, I presume it is plugged into the wall socket.

Is it the same socket from which your rig draws power?

2.  What is "walking away"?  Do you mean that you take and move the lamp

further away from the rig?

3.  RFI coupling from an RFI source into the cabinet of a rig is somewhat

rare (as mentioned on this reflector many times in the past).  So, is the

lamp near an antenna or tuner used with the rig?  If so, what's the

separation distance between the lamp and antenna or tuner?

Thanks in advance for your answers.  This will help the rest of us get a

handle on just what might be happening.

73, Dale

WA9ENA

but the above was  observed  while the lamp was on my desk w/my rig, and I

just quickly tuned around   1-50Mhz

> They also make a floor standing model,   I have  not opened the box yet

, but will test  soon....

RFI at contesting.com