[RFI] Yet more wallwarts

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Jun 20 07:50:41 PDT 2011

I just got done ordering three digital adapter boxes for the remaining
analog TV sets in our house, a change required by Comcast's impending
change to all-digital cable.  Interestingly, they will rent you the
first two free, probably a hangover from the debate about the social
implications of requiring poor people to buy digital adapters if they
were dependent on Basic Cable.  Anyway... from the video on their web
site it appears that each of these will require a wallwart, and the
wallwarts will be the nifty new ones that sit crosswise on the
plug-strip, so as not to block other outlets.  Nifty, except that I
think, judging by weight, that these are all switching types.  I wonder
how much additional noise will result...

Coming soon, to a cable system near you.

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com