[RFI] Kitchen remodeling appliances

Steve steve65 at suddenlink.net
Thu Mar 17 06:13:08 PDT 2011

Alll, thanks for the still coming advice.

Making in-store observations with a portable receiver seems to me to be
of questionable value. The appliances I end up with will come from
stock, so what one might hear (or not) on a floor display unit may be
different. Further, most appliances stores have rows and rows of
appliances, many of them powered. Not to mention all the other
electrical apparatus in the store. So, given that RF environment,
determining that a particular appliance is quiet (or not) may not be
possible.

The sales guy I have been dealing with has been to my house. We walked
through the area of the basement where my radio equipment is located and
I think he was maybe a little bit impressed and lot overwhelmed by it
all. Still, it's a basis to discuss RFI with him, although I expect a
"deer in the headlights" response :-)

Steve K8JQ