[RFI] Horrific Ugly Noise, thought I had it!

RFI Services' Michael Martin mike at rfiservices.com
Sun May 1 07:22:21 PDT 2011

Hello Dave,
It doesn't sound like power line or a motor to me, that is using the MP3 on
you site. Can you send me a wave file using am wide and no blankers of
filters?
While listening to the noise does the sound change as you change frequency?
An arc is very wide and produces all frequencies so the audible sound would
not change with a change in frequency. The only change you would see with an
arc would be due to the resonance of your antenna. The signal level would
rise and fall with the resonance.
Don't work so hard on what it is, work harder locating the position or
location of the source.  Try this http://www.rfiservices.com/residence.htm
.
If we could tell you exactly what it is you still have to locate it! What it
is doesn't really matter at this point in the search.
Michael C. Martin
RFI Services
6469 Old Solomons Island Rd
Tracys Landing, MD 20779