[RFI] Horrific Ugly Noise Found and stopped...

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Sat May 7 15:55:37 PDT 2011

Hello,
Many thanks to Mike at RFI Services for the helpful hints he provided
to me in locating the noise that was wiping out both 30 and 40 meters.

I used the find and attenuate method, starting at my home.  Walked me
directly to the place offending source.  It was the next door neighbors
shelf lighting.  He has a Westek TR60 switching power supply,
generating 11.5 V AC, at 5 A.  That was spraying RF all over 40 and 30
meters.  We located it, killed it, and now I have 40 and 30 back.  I
have ordered the fellow a new power supply, as explaining to him it is
his responsibility would be more difficult.  I will find some handout
info that lets him know it is his fault, and include it with the
replacement transformer.  I have two calls into the Power company
trying to get them to call me back, so they don't have to waste time
looking for a non existent source.  I'll try again Monday morning.

Again, thank to Mike at RFI Services.

Dave
NK7Z