[RFI] Hot tub Controller Hang?

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Nov 7 19:35:02 PST 2011

Gary,

I have spent a bunch of time fixing hot tubs.  What I would try
initially would be finding the control cable and putting a few turns
through a ferrite core, if there is enough slack.  You might be able to
get away with clamp ons.

If you have a remote control panel you might disconnect it as that wire
will be fairly long or wrap that around a core as well.

I would doubt the RF is coming in on the AC lines but I suppose it could
be.

Check the grounds or have an electrician look it over if you are
uncomfortable.    The control wiring will probably be flat computer type
control ribbon cable.

Good luck!

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011